Thursday, July 14, 2011

Confession...

i. love. harry. potter.


(I guess I have technically already confessed this before.)

Today is a big day. Tonight is the premiere for the final installment of the Harry Potter series. Now, I'm a huge, huge HP fan, but I'm not obsessed. I think J.K. Rowling is a beautiful writer. I have fallen in love with the cast of characters. I laughed with them. Cried with them (used almost an entire box of tissues for that last book). I was so bummed when it was over.

But, I'm not going to dress up like any of the characters and sacrifice sleep to catch the first view of the film tonight. In fact, I haven't even seen the last movie. Now that's partially due to the fact that I knew it would be really hard to watch Part 1, and then wait 8 months for the final one. But also because the books were really what did it for me.

However, I will be seeing this movie sometime soon (hopefully in theatres...maybe IMAX?...and of course I've got to watch the first one before). And I still want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal and visit Hogwarts, browse around Hogsmeade, and sip on some butterbeer.

And you should definitely check out the preview below.

Only one can live.

3 comments:

Allison said...

ok, you just need to sit down, watch part 1 (I have it on DVD if you need to borrow it!) and then go see part 2. like asap :) I myself already have tickets for what is bound to be an amazing date night with Mark tomorrow night to see part 2... can't wait!

Ashley said...

yeah I agree with AP. let me know when you go see it I'm waiting to see it when all the crazy dies down.

Team Bourlon said...

I'm going tonight, so excited! The place we're going serves butter beer on their menu and several other food dishes from the book...so fun! Hope ya'll are doing well. Scout is getting so big!